Monday, December 25, 2006

Drive with Loving Kindness

"Live honestly, with integrity, with loving kindness and charity for your fellow beings. "

Live with loving kindness, this is a message I hope all motorist will keep in mind.

Few days ago, two young ladies were killed in a head on motorcyclist accident with a lorry, one of them left behind a 5 year old boy.

I hope all motorist will bear a thought for the motorcyclist.

Irrespective of right or wrong, please give way to motorcyclist and do not challenge them.

It is a misconception that motorcyclist needs lesser space on the road, infact, motorcyclist need as much space as motorist to maneouvre.

I have been on the road long enough to say this.I rode a motorcycle too and I encountered many incidents too, and some that nearly caused my live with some very inconsiderate drivers.

I came out of it because of maturity, but I am not too sure if I can come out of it when I am a younger person.Or I will survive the next inconsiderate driver's attitude and temper in driving.

My appeal to all motorist is to drive with Loving Kindness towards motorcyclist.

It is very sad, to read of accidents that take away the lives of motorcyclist.

Insurance will pay for the poor judgement of the driver, but it will not bring back the live of the victim.

One of my recent encounter
On 29th November,I rode my motorbike along ECP on lane 3 , and at a slip road from Marina South, I noticed a car coming out into lane four, in between a lorry and a van, and wanting to get into lane 3, where I was coming from, and I know such driver will not see me as I am in his blind spot.

I horned to sound a warning of my approaching, this bloody ridiclous, driver instead of not coming out, squeezed out and almost knocked me off. I believe he was agitated with my horning and purposely drove out.

As a matured rider, I know how to move more to the right and let him out and he sped off at high speed, thinking he has threatened me and able to speed off.

This rascal thought he could speed off and get away, but he was wrong because ahead at the Rochor exit then, it was a massive jam across all lanes. I rode to his front and was fuming that this crazy fella nearly knocked me off.

He is a middle age skinny man, if I am going to pull him out of his car and whack him, he would have no chance. I wanted to take my helmet off, whack his car and get him out and whack him off, but I knew too much that I will be charged if I do it.

I can imagine why some motorist fight and got charged in court.

The law will make me a criminal instead if I whacked him for nearly killing me.

I have wanted to make a police report, but what will the police do?

This could be almost everyday happening on the road.

Some motorcyclists died in an accident probably because of such rascals.

Insurance will pay for the accident, but will never bring back the live of the victim. Such driver may live with a shadow but some simply do not have a conscience.

No comments: