Thursday, March 14, 2013

Meeting needs

Received an email that sang my heart.

"Hi Thomas
Diagnosed with advanced lung cancer. Awaiting more tests to determine the kind of treatments. What's your advice in terms of insurance matters?
Thanks."

A young lady client diagnosed with advanced stage lung cancer unrelated to smoking.

Two thiings I have done right for her but failed to push for reviews. But she is rather positive. A heavy heart for me to journey with her forward as treatment is recommended. A constant reminder to meet the NEEDS of client.

I have done an IncomeShield for her and a critical illness plan for her which will be useful.

I just hope we can be practical in planning for our own financial needs.

I have said this before, why people are willing to pay for a car that goes to scrap yard in 10 years and never want to plan properly for financial burden for the future needs.

Back to basics to meet the needs and not the wants.




No comments: