Sunday, November 19, 2017

CPF Life bequest

CPF Life bequest - bequest is amount pass to beneficiary in event of premature death.
 
I input my profile and $166,000 from RA into CPF Life Estimator in CPF website.

In this case, I input death at age 75, take a closer look and you will understand my decision for Basic Plan because what is left to family is so much more. A difference of about $90,000 between standard and basic.

Logic is payout difference between Standard and Basic is about $200 per month, $2,400 a year and 10 years it is total $24,000 more received for standard plan over basic, but the bequest if conked, family received so much more for Basic Plan.

And I have decided to "upsize" to ERS $249,000. The amount of bequest would be larger.

By age 65, if you forget to choose, by default it will be on Standard Plan.

No comments: