Thursday, May 10, 2007

Hit & Run accident?

Few months back, I shared about a boy rushing across the road, and collide onto my motorcycle carriage box.

This is the first time I met with an injury accident, so to speak.

When the boy collided onto my carriage box, my reaction was his condition. I saw that his forehead was red, indicating he head onto my carriage box.

My concern is if he has head injury. This is a case of his mother rushing across the road with two children and did not hold on to this boy and he just rush ahead without observing traffic, following his mother, dashing across.

I need to do a judgement call, and decided that I have to call an ambulance, with knowledge that is will be a police case.

As long as there is injury, as a motorist, one has to go through the hassle of police investigation, I had gone through that.

But I had peace of mind that I followed correct procedure. So in event of such injury case, call ambulance, and then contact police to send a traffic police officer to clear the case at scene.

I am thankful I had an eye witness willing to give statement on site.

I was requested to report to traffic police headquarter to meet up with investigating officer then, which I did after being cleared from scene.

My experience with this accident is valuable to me.

So my advice is if there is injury case, do not move off, call police to scene to clear accident instead of driving off.

This case the mother concern did not want me to call ambulance and want to move on, but I insist for the child's injury to be looked at and called ambulance.

Moral of my sharing is, if there is injury, lots of hassle, but report accordingly for peace of mind.

No comments: