Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Good Public Spirit

This morning at 10.15 am, I received a call from a lady informing me that my mother has fallen in Fu Lu Shou Complex.

I was worried and ask her to let me speak to my mother and she passed her mobile phone to her for me to speak to my mother. I hear that she was quite weak and speech slur. I feared for the worst, asked the lady to do me a favour to call an ambulance to send her to hospital for me and to call me back where she will be sent to.

I must thank this lady whose public spirit has helped me to send my mother to hospital on time to be given the treatment for her low sugar level and hypertension. She is a diabetes patient.

When I reach the scene ambulance was already gone, so I called 995 to trace and was able to trace to rush to TTSH and found her there well and recovering.

In TTSH emergency ward, she was stabilised quite fast and attended to by the doctor to be warded for observation. The hospital could trace her condition quite fast, as I suppose there is a central data for extracting.

We should all be thankful that Singapore has such excellent emergency service and kind people around.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

We thought we should laminate a piece of contact card for her, because she told us thank God she could remember home number in her dazed condition.

My siblings asked what if the kidnapper or crooks got hold of the contact card and demand ramson, our common stand is ask the kidnapper to keep her and we will deliver the ramson too..... ; )

It was really a very eventful day, with all this and earth quake tremors thrown in yesterday.

No comments: