Thursday, February 26, 2009

Medishield and private Shield Plans are important plans

I will quote to you 2 scenarios on how Private Shield Plans are basic important plan in life.

(Insured with Incomeshield)
( Scenario 1) - My own mother is now on kidney dialysis. If not for the fact that we have a few siblings, the burden can be heavy, even with Incomeshield in place. But Incomeshield is really the plan that cushion off the burden in large proportion for my family.

In Singapore, dialysis in a private dialysis centre cost about $2300 to $2700 depending on frequency and Erythropoietin medicine. Incomeshield Plan Basic pays for up to $2400 per month for dialysis.

Basic Medishield pays up to $1200 a month.

Only in particular for dialysis, one need to take a Private Shield Plan as Basic Medishield cannot meet the need of dialysis treatment.

Reason being in Singapore, there is no government restructure dialysis centre, and most are classified under private, which quite badly impacted basic medishield claim limit as well as some Private Shield Plan claim limit.

(Scenario 2) - If one has no Incomeshield it is really very hard. Yesterday, I brought my mother to visit a distant relative in Yong Peng, Malaysia, she was blinded by diabetes and kidney failed 6 years ago and now on kidney dialysis.

Life is tough in Malaysia, a session of dialysis cost RM220 and after discount is RM170. Twice a week. Erythropoietin drug injection cost another RM60 a week. total RM400 a week.

They live in Kampong, and the children has to bear this cost, which is rather hard on them.

We are fortunate in Singapore, that we have proper insurance scheme like Medishield or Private Shield Plan to help us. But the sad thing is people still do not see the reality of life.

Many people do not appreciate the reality of our blessedness in Singapore.

As I write this in my blog, there are people who will write to me that I am capitalising on my mother's case to sell insurance, can u imagine that? But I still feel the need to write.

No comments: