Friday, February 20, 2009

Stay Cool in event of an Accident

Some time in event of an accident, it can be frustrating and stressful.

I like to advice that in event of an accident, before vehicle is shifted away from scene, to try and take picture of the scene, if it does not cause danger to you.

I can only say that in this world, there are lots of great liars around.

Their report can turn from black to white and whatever colours they can too.

I have been handling claims liaising for clients with office, and some claims are just ridiculous.

Example,
1. My own brother, hit by a taxi coming out of minor road, the taxi driver reported my brother hit his taxi, speeding. It took me 3 years to use a lawyer to sue him and got some compensation for injury. Imagine my brother nearly died and the taxi driver has the conscience to report otherwise.

2. A client's car got hit, same by a car coming out from minor road, collided onto his side left rear back. I was asked to assist in private settlement, went to a workshop with client, but the other party do not want to pay, so we decided to claim insurance. Hold and behold, the other party initiate a claim with a writ of summon, and she ( imagine a lady ), reported that while her car was parallel on the road, my client's car, cut into her lane, result in her car collide into his side left rear back. Such lies will become a 50-50 case or even she winning the case.

But she is stupid not to realise I was with client at workshop and in court I can be called up as a witness. I told the client, yes, submit my name to the court and I will be there.

There are simply many scenarios. Just report any accident with integrity, if you are right, insurer will defend, if you are at fault, insure will pay the claims.

But bear in mind, some time the LIAR wins, even though you are RIGHT.

Just do not be too stressed, even if lost to a great LIAR.

No comments: