Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Delivered a big claim cheque for cancer to my client today who wanted to give me a big Ang Pow for CNY which I kindly rejected asking her to keep for her medical needs. It is also my job to assist in claiming. What surprised me was her other policy which company A rejected that I am now assisting to mitigate. My advice is those with old critical illness plan especially from NTUC INCOME should maintain it. Old plans critical illness claim definition is simpler.

Critical illness plan from 90's term and condition are different from latter plans. And the trend now is towards limited premium term plan, well and good but do not throw away old plans especially those done by parents for child when they were young. Old plans may not have limited premium term but it had automatic premium loan term which I can exercise not to pay premium in old age, and when a claim sets it, all bonuses will still be added before minusing premium loan. Very technical but maintain old plans. Buy additional new plan to supplement. Sad that there are unethical advice for self interest.

This client bought the plan in 1995 and nothing else since. She was surprised I am still around today to assist in her claim. Basically if you want an agent to service you long term, make sure the agent survive the length of years. Agent needs recurring new business every year to carry on, so new business every years on is important, needing to build a base to sustain our existence.

We do work like a horse.

No comments: