Monday, May 12, 2014

The day I lost my first molar

I had my molar cracked few days back, and finding dentist to extract is an experience. My lower first molar was cracked into half when I ate almond nut, nut never crack molar cracked into two.


My dentist do not do extraction and option was to go Singhealth dental clinic or private dentist to extract. It will be costly as it is molar and may need surgery. All government dental clinic is so fully booked till 10 June as my tooth need immediate extraction before bacteria set in to cause pain.

Finally, I was refered to walk in to KTPH hospital dental department and was thankful, they took me in and did an extraction for me. I was fortunate that the tooth came out nicely without need for surgery and cost was minimal.

A simple incident like this, though unable to claim insurance, sets me thinking if we are prepared for eventualities.

Medical care is so expensive that some time I pity those who are not able to afford or are not prepared, has to bear the pain to wait or even not able to seek treatment on time.

Are we covered with the appropriate plans and saved enough to meet future needs ?

I have written many times that critical illness plan and integrated Shield Plans are important and the SHIELD PLAN is the basic NEED that everyone should have.

I have also written about timeline planning, how we should consolidate our plans in a spreadsheet so that we know where our assets are and the which year the maturities are due.

I am sure many of you are covered well and many of my more senior clients are beginning to rip the returns of their many endowment plans maturing this period forward.

SRS are also being used to plan for Growth Plan previously and some are maturing now and to be reinvested. Some will continue to contribute SRS as a means to save income tax and also to meet future needs.

Perhaps this is the time to review your position and to see if there are needs to meet and to plan.

Happy to be able to survive in this industry for 25 years and moving forward to do what I can to serve your needs.

No comments: